09/02/2023 Annual Meeting Minutes - DRAFT
Chinquapin Homeowners Association Annual Board Meeting Minutes - Draft
Saturday, Sept 2, 2023, 4pm
Dollar House, Chinquapin
3600 North Lake Blvd - Tahoe City, CA 96145
- Steve Giacomi called the meeting to order at 4:11 pm
- Approval of minutes of the 2022 Homeowners Meeting. Motion to approve the minutes of the 2022 annual meeting were passed unanimously.
- Approval to move excess funds to reserve at end of budget year. Motion to approve meeting were passed unanimously.
- 2023 Board Election Results
- Annie Mitchell, President
- Carl Bertelsen, Vice President
- Steve Giacomi, Treasurer
- Cris Wedekind, Secretary
- Committee Chairs
- ARC, Haley Packard
- Steve Giacomi, Finance
- Grounds, Terry Sarvas
- Buildings, Carl Bertleson
- Cris Wedekind, Insurance
- Treasurers Report
- We are in good position. We had zero legal issues this year.
- As of August 31, we have $352,456 in our operating account and $1,188,622 in our reserve account.
- We have our reserve funds invested at about a 5% interest
Homeowner Discussion QA and Comments:
- Thanking of the board. Property looks very good.
- Spectrum: Should we appoint a single person to be the contact person for Spectrum?
- What is the update on insurance?
- Mitch spoke about the history of insurance. Mitch is speaking at length with our insurance adjustors. We are looking at all options: lowering the coverage, increasing deductibles, etc. We will know more middle of November. We are a Fire Wise committee which hopefully will get us a discount.
- Like the idea of increasing deductible and commends us on looking at all options.
- Encourage us to look at options for insurance and asked us to share with the HOA as soon as we have information.
- Where are we with the grant for the fire removal?
- We feel very certain that we will get it in 2024. Terry Sarvas shared that we’re spending 160k taking out approximately 20-25 acres from office, up the hill and west side of entry road. And the section around units 1-20. We are spending about 50K on removal of dead trees. This will take place last week of September and will last about 3 weeks. In addition, Cal Trans is supposed to come and remove the trees near the entry road.
- Can we put the Fire Wise certificate out to the HOA?
- One homeowner had a discount on their HO6 because we are Fire Wise.
- What area will be addressed by the grant?
- Hillside between 3 story units up to Dollar Point.
- Do we anticipate any capital expenditures in the coming years?
- Shared that we are looking at different design of the bathroom/sauna and turning into spa. We will have to replace 2 more lift stations.
- Where are we with the spa?
- We currently have $140K pledged. Ideally a 300K figure for the spa.
- Where are the financials?
- We post them on the website and send them out in December.
- Why is the tree in pool area is marked ‘blue’?
- Infrastructure being ripped up the floor, and it’s a split tree.
- Fire tarps: If you still have wood in your area, you are now required to cover wood.
- Will we be resurfacing the Pickleball courts?
- There are dips and need to be fixed. We believe it is in next years budget.
- Suggestion for a HOA Listserv for items to get rid/sell/trade things.